Thursday, July 14, 2011

For My Wonderful Love

My Other Holding Hand




Having a child in my holding hand,
But my other holding hand is empty.
I lean my shoulder for her to cry on
When she gets hurt, I feel her pain,
I take it, and weigh it painfully
In my heart, however
I must not show my weakness
Because I have to be like a dad also,
So I can see her smile again
But deep down inside,
I need someone to shed my tears.


All those years being a single mother,
I can give her all my love, all my strength
Because she is my life, my world
But I can see something missing
In her life that deserves to be filled.
All those years, she knows it in her heart,
So, she stands with her guard up
Even she has an enormously heart
Waiting to share with.


Life can be full of surprises,
And unexpected when I stop hoping.
You come along not just
In my life, her life also.
You are the new chapter
To begin, and continue
Our lives to something
Wonderful and fulfilling.


You are the color with
So much love, so much more.
You have no idea
How happy I truly am
To see her smiling in
Miles from here to the sun.
I am touched deeply
When I see her putting
Her guard down, and
Opening arms
For you to hug her.


Her life is filled because of you,
She has another shoulder to cry on,
And at lastly, you shed my tears,
And take my pain away,
Remind me that I am not alone anymore.
Not just you being the color
Of our lives,
Brave that you are to take
The big part of her life
That she is been longing for.


One more thing,
Thanking you may not be enough,
But with all my heart and
Appreciation that does
For holding my hand
And filling my daughter’s
Life.


You are the best,
Happy Father’s Day.

2011

No comments:

Post a Comment